As per the corrigendum May 3 2013, a total of 998 candidates have been finalized in UPSC Civil Services 2012 examination. This is against 1051 vacancies announced. The number of candidates are:
General Category: 457
Scheduled Castes: 169
Scheduled Tribes: 77
Appointments will be done as per this year’s vacancies in various categories -
1. IAS (Indian Administrative Services) : 180; 94 general, 45 OBC, 28 Scheduled Caste, 13 Scheduled Tribe.
2. IFS (Indian Foreign Services) : 30; 16 general, 09 other backward classes, 5 Scheduled Castes, NIL Scheduled Tribes.
3. IPS (Indian Police Services) : 150; 75 general, 41 other backward classes, 23 Scheduled Castes, 11 Scheduled Tribes.
4. Central Services Group A: 630; 323 General, 172 other backward classes, 89 scheduled castes, 24 scheduled tribes.
5. Central Services Group B: 101; 42 General, 28 other backward classes, 24 scheduled castes, 07 scheduled tribes.
Haritha V.Kumar is UPSC Civil Services 2012 topper.
Here is her brief profile:
Home State: KERALA, home town – Thycaud in Thiruvananthapuram.
School: Neyyatinkara High School
College: B.tech from Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, University of Kerala 2007.
Subject: Electronics B.Tech
Subjects in Civils: Economics & Malayalam
She qualified in her 4th attempt at Civils.
Previously posted as Indian Revenue Service IRS official in Faridabad.
Find the detailed list:
Visit www.way2success.com to Practice Test Papers/Model Papers of UPSC Civil Services Examination.